Mohawk Day Camp and Country Day School is seeking a Camp Operations Manager to be responsible for the successful day-to-day operations and management of our facility team. Oversee the day-to-day operations, maintain compliance and ensure that the facility is operated in a safe, reliable, and economical manner, consistent with site contracts, permits, rules, and regulations. This position reports directly to the Camp Director.
- Facilitate and maintain all camp contracts, leases, and facility agreements. Including but not limited to: alarms, garbage, cleaning company, office equipment, vehicle leases, snow removal, and lawn cutting
- Oversee inspections and permits (BOH, DOT, Fire, and Town)
- Coordinate capital improvement projects lead by the camp director and act as an on-site foreman to coordinate projects and the workforce, as well as ordering supplies.
- Assist in coordinating camp and school transportation.
- Manage our facilities team.
- Oversee all campus technology (phone systems, wifi, computers maintenance, and upkeep)
- Ensure that all recreational equipment is safe to use and properly stored and maintained
- Ensure that camp vehicles and machinery are kept in good working order
- Ensure that the camp grounds are clean and properly maintained, including grass maintenance, removal of dead trees, plantings and landscaping projects
- Ensure that camp buildings and mechanical systems are clean and properly maintained (including furnaces, hot water heater, plumbing, electrical systems etc.)
- Long hours including weekends may be necessary especially leading up to and during our camp season
- Ability to work effectively with others in all levels of the organization in a professional manner
- Excellent judgment, ability to identify problems and work quickly to find solutions
- Ability to manage budgets and project costs
- Strong computer and technology skills
- Have a positive attitude
- Effective time management
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to make recommendations to the Camp Director regarding budgeted repairs and maintenance, as well as outline costs and details
- Commitment to producing consistent, high-quality work
- Flexible, adaptive and team player
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years or more in a management position
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with fiscally managing projects
- A valid NYS driver’s license is required
- A hands-on approach to task management
- Must be able to physically assist in projects related to camp and facilities management upkeep
- Bilingual in English and Spanish a plus
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) a plus
- CDL License a plus