Leadership Training Program for campers entering 10th and 11th grade.
Mohawk’s Leadership Training Program combines the fun of being a camper with a strong preparation for early work experiences. Our CAs (Counselor Assistants, age 14) and CITs (Counselors-in-Training, age 15) spend part of their day enjoying Mohawk’s range of activities and part of their day learning about responsibility and professionalism by assisting in specialty areas and with other camp jobs. Under the expert guidance of an experienced Mohawk Head Counselor, our CAs and CITs are “in-training” for future job opportunities. Over the course of the summer, CAs and CITs rotate to different activity areas, so they work under different supervisors.
Our Leadership Training Program offers teens:
- Peer and supervisory discussions with constructive performance feedback.
- Team-building activities that teach communication, trust and problem-solving.
- Confidence and self-esteem built through effort, accomplishment, and acceptance.
- Guidance on how to navigate the difficult social challenges of young adulthood.
- Job-skill preparation, from interviewing to contributing to team goals.
CAs and CITs don’t miss out on the fun! They spend a portion of each day enjoying Mohawk’s games, swimming, sports, arts, and electives. They have special field trips, a late night at Mohawk, GaGa tournaments, pool games and their own dedicated group lunch and socializing space.
Please email email@example.com for more information.